Skirt Steak & Togarashi Rub
- Mix togarashi spice, olive oil, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Rub on the skirt steak, let marinate refrigerated for 1 hr.
- Cook on a high grill both sides about 5-6 min on both sides to a medium rare.
- Let rest off the heat for 15 min before slicing.
- Place carrots, potato, and onions in a sauce pot, cover with milk.
- Cook on a medium heat until potato is tender, about 25 min.
- Turn off heat, strain mixture, reserve the milk.
- Puree in a blender on high, add some of the reserved milk to help blend.
- With the blender still running, add the butter a little at a time. Puree into a smooth consistency.
- Take out of the blender, place in a bowl, whisk in maple syrup.
- Season with S/P.
- Cool down, label, date, store
- In a bowl mix all vegetables together.
- Add olive oil and lime juice, season with salt/pepper. Serve.
Sticky Sesame Soy Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Recipe created exclusively for 1855 Black Angus beef by Chef Sean Leone
Recipe photography provided by Tim Turner